Re: Updating scanners and filters in Debian stable (3.1)

On Sun, 3 Oct 2004 12:36:48 +0200, Francesco Paolo Lovergine
<frankie@debian.org> wrote:
>Not always. In the past many backports have been built including perfectly
>avoidable new dependencies. The volatile archive should have policy and
>deb tools frozen. So no new debconf, no new ucf and so on.

In many cases, backporting other tools and libs makes backporting much
easier since a lot of packages use debhelper's latest features. And
debhelper has a history of using perl features that are not present in
stable's perl. And no, I won't do a perl backport for new debhelper.

Greetings
Marc