Re: downloading selected source packages automatically

* ROBERTOJIMENOCA <ROBERTOJIMENOCA@terra.es> [041005 16:00]:

> So I download the source package (dsc, diff.gz & tar.gz), dpkg-source
> it, apply my patches, dpkg-buildpackage
> -rfakeroot, install it and mark it for hold so when upgrading a newer
> version isn't installed.

I didn't tried it myself, but looking at the manpage of apt-build, it
seems that it can shorten that a lot:
apt-build --patch <file> install <package>

> Is there a command to do that?
> What about automating the whole process as much as possible?

Don't know if you can automate the whole thing with apt-build.  If not
you could combine it with an cron-apt and an extra action for apt-build,
or subscribe to the interested package at
http://packages.qa.debian.org/<package> and create a realy cool
procmail-rule for that ;)

Yours sincerely,
  Alexander