Re: ITP: cddb.bundle -- CDDB Bundle for GNUstep

Seo Sanghyeon <tinuviel@sparcs.kaist.ac.kr> schrieb:

> On Mon, Oct 04, 2004 at 10:00:02AM +0200, Frank K?ster wrote:
>> G?rkan Seng?n <gurkan@linuks.mine.nu> schrieb:
>> > * Package name    : cddb.bundle
>> > [...]
>
>> Build-Depends: debhelper (>= 4.0.0), libgnustep-gui0-dev (>= 0.8.3-1)
>
>> It seems to me this will make it a binary that requires GNUstep to run
>> it? Then, for the hundredth time,
>
>> please call the package gnustep-cddb.bundle or something like that.
>
> Isn't ".bundle" suffix enough?

No. How on earth should I conclude from the .bundle suffix that it has
anything to do with gnustep (without knowing anything about gnustep,
that is)?

> For example, "camera" package name was changed to "camera.app" to
> prevent namespace pollution. Are you saying that it should be
> "gnustep-camera.app"? If so, why?

I don't mind what it's called as long as I can see by its name that it
is useless without gnustep. In other words: There has to be the string
"gnustep" in its name, preferably at the beginning.

Regards, Frank
Abt. Biophysikalische Chemie