Re: Alioth and broken subversion hosting

>   repository even for anonymous user. I should write "needed" as far as the
>   newest subversion from experimental distro can utilise 'fsfs' type of
>   repository. AFAIR it is created especially for hosting purposes.
>
>   I've backported subversion from experimental and put at
>   http://people.debian.org/~dexter/backports.org/

It's worth noting that subversion version 1.1.0 has actually been
released (just within the past few days), whereas the version of
subversion in experimental still appears to be pre-1.1.0.  1.1.0
includes fsfs, implying that the subversion developers consider it
ready for production use.

For what it's worth, I'm not qualified to speak on the question of
whether the fsfs or the bdb should be used on alioth (though I do plan
to experiment with it on my own), and I haven't many changes on
subversion there since the bad RAM problem was fixed.

--
Jay Berkenbilt <ejb@ql.org>
http://www.ql.org/q/