Re: Why no greylisting?

On Fri, Sep 24, 2004 at 08:35:12AM +0200, Christian Hammers wrote:
> Hello
>
> On 2004-09-23 Kalle Kivimaa wrote:
> > Christian Hammers <ch@debian.org> writes:
> > > It's currently one of the most effective anti-spam measures. We are using
> > > it successfully at ISP where I work.
> >
> > Do you have statistics on how many "legal" messages are lost?
>
> Let's say the only reports ever we got from people who where denied by our MTA
> have been fixed during the BETA phase by always using a /24 instead of the
> complete ip number to take care of load balancers sending from 2-3 different
> IPs.

 Which is, BTW, the default used now by postgrey, greylisting system for
 Postfix (yes, it's packaged, and you only need to add a line to main.cf
 file after installing it)

 Of course I know that Debian servers run exim, but there are also some
 implementations for Exim that could be used [1]

 I hope that with (new)murphy machine we have got we can use this now.

 Cheers,

[1] http://projects.puremagic.com/greylisting/links.html

--
Jose Carlos Garcia Sogo