Re: spam from chinanet

Don Armstrong wrote:

 On Wed, 15 Sep 2004, martin f krafft wrote:

> Over the past 2 months, about 80 or 90% of the spam I received
> through @d.o came from the networks of Chinanet.
>
> May I suggest that we block Chinanet? Their subnets are

 Can you state unequivocally that there are no present or future
 users, developers, or other people who would legitimately mail
 debian.org that use Chinanet?

I've been monitoring incessant hits from both Chinanet and Kornet for months without noting one positive aspect.
These are major spam contractors from what I have been able to discern.
I can't believe that the providers are totally unaware of the situation, given the volumn that I have witnessed, each I.P. address also doing multiple port scans. If there's any genuine traffic coming out of either of them, I haven't seen it, and it would be radically out of environment.
Regards,

David.