Re: libswt* debian packages

I gave this very topic some thought myself. I wanted to keep the
library version as the last digit of the package name. That is to say
lib$NAME$VERSION, where NAME=swt-gtk VERSION=3. I think there is some
benefit to this, as people (and possibly scripts) are used to looking
at the last number for the library version. If it were named
libswt3-gtk2, it may be somewhat ambiguous whether this package
provides libswt.so.3 or libswt.so.2. If I were to release a seperate
gtk3 version, I would likely name the libswt-gtk3-3. That is to say
lib$NAME-$VERSION, which is common when NAME ends in a digit, where
NAME=swt-gtk3 VERSION=3.

I've cc'ed this e-mail debian-devel to poll anyone's opinion that
cares to provide it. For the current package, here are the names I'm
considering:

libswt-gtk3
libswt-gtk-3
libswt3-gtk