Re: equinoctial releases

Thomas E. Vaughan(tevaugha@ball.com)@2004-09-01 13:38:
> On Wed, Sep 01, 2004 at 02:00:02PM -0500, Graham Wilson
> wrote:
>
>    <snip>
>
> Nevertheless, it seems to me that debian should release
> twice a year.

That would create a support nightmare for many users. The slow release
cycle of stable was a major factor in our decision to move from SuSE
to Debian.

Upgrading all of our customer's machines twice a year would cost us a
fortune and really upset our customers.

I particularly like the fact that "testing" is available to users
wishing to use more up to date software while "stable" changes
infrequently.

Steve