Re: hacking a d-i sarge iso

Steinar H. Gunderson wrote:

On Tue, Aug 31, 2004 at 11:46:12PM -0500, Rob Benton wrote:
Is there any documentation on udebs anywhere? I couldn't find any on the website.

There is extensive information in the Subversion repository for
Debian-Installer, see http://www.debian.org/devel/debian-installer/ . You
probably won't want to hack an existing ISO image, you want to build your own
d-i (with new kernel udebs, and a partman-reiser4 udeb), and then use
debian-cd to make your own netinst image.

You may want to refer to debian-boot@lists.debian.org or #debian-boot on
Freenode (irc.freenode.net) for more help and information.

/* Steinar */

I've posted on debian-boot list but had no response. I've been to the Debian Wiki and the Alioth project page and checked out the code from the svn repository but I haven't been able to find any info on creating udebs or what their structure is supposed to be.