Unofficial buildd network has been shut down

Hi,

excuse me topposting but I want to also reach the people that killed
the rather unconnected bug#xxx thread since I still got some requests
for package builds.

Concerns have been raised about DDs signing uploads build on systems
that don't belong to the DD or have been otherwise sanctioned by James
Troup or the debian-admin team. Namely all the unoficial buildds.

Something that summons up the mood seems to be the following:

Colin Watson <cjwatson@debian.org> writes:
> It is not for that developer to decide. The set of people with the
> privilege of making binary uploads to the Debian archive are in a
> position of trust with respect to all Debian users.
>
> Transitive trust should not be encouraged.
>
> --
> Colin Watson                                  [cjwatson@flatline.org.uk]

Following your wishes expressed in this thread and on irc the
unofficial wanna-build and all its connected builds have been shut
down for now.

Over 2000 source packages where build and uploaded in the effort to
get the tiff transition going and to bring down the general buildd
backlog for m68k, mips, mipsel and alpha. If you want to know what
would be without that just imagine m68k, mips, mipsel and alpha had
the backlog arm still has.

It saddens me to see that donations of accounts and free cpu cycles to
DDs are no longer appreciated by Debian. Any request to (re)build
package must now again go solely to <arch>@buildd.debian.org.

MfG
        Goswin