Re: ITP: ttf-summersby -- Free OpenType typeface font

On Sun, 29 Aug 2004, Kenshi Muto wrote:

> I have a minor question, does "ttf" prefix mean "TrueType Font"?
> I think it is better to use "otf-" prefix for OpenType Font, although
> there are two OTF packages with ttf prefix: ttf-indic-fonts and

I advised the ttf-indic-fonts maintainer to keep that name because
opentype is just a superset of ttf.  Does it make any practical difference
to ttf-using programs if a font is ttf or otf?

(oh and the other ttf-* Indian font packages are opentype too iirc.)

--
Jaldhar H. Vyas <jaldhar@debian.org>