Re: hrm hrm! bbconf can't build on sparc and s390, but why?

On 2004-08-26 Sam Hocevar <sam@zoy.org> wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 26, 2004, Thomas Bushnell BSG wrote:
[...]
> > The configure fails because it can't find the X libraries.  It *can*
> > find the X headers, incidentally, because it checks that first and
> > would bail with a "can't find X headers" error first.

> > The configure script is looking for things that are in libx11-6.

>    I have been bitten by that as well. AC_PATH_X does not work if you
> only have libx11-dev installed, you need to Build-Depend on libxt-dev as
> well (even if you don't use libxt-dev at all).

That is what I had thought first, too but it is not the case.
bbconf build-depends on libqt3-mt-dev. And libqt3-mt-dev depends on
libxt-dev.

On top of that bbconf does not use vanilla AC_PATH_X but some variant
provided by the QT packages.

I've no idea what went wrong.
            cu andreas
fuhggvat qbja gur juveyvat tha.