building xserver-tinyx-fbdev (Was: Re: Configuring X to load only minimal modules)

Em Ter, 2004-08-24 às 15:10, Daniel Ruoso escreveu:
> > Someday, though, we may have TinyX packaged, and that would probably be a
> > superior solution.  The XFree86 X server has not evolved in a
> > resource-conserving direction over the years.
> Yes, that would work... but I couldn't find anything but a libc5
> version, which is not very usefull to me...

Hmmm... after more research, I found this page:
http://www.handhelds.org/minihowto/building-x.html

But when I tried to apt-get source xfree86...
Err http://http.us.debian.org sid/main xfree86 4.3.0.dfsg.1-6 (dsc)
  Could not open file xfree86_4.3.0.dfsg.1-6.dsc - open (13 Permission
denied) [IP: 35.9.37.225 80]

BTW, it doesn't seems to be very hard to build xserver-tinyx-fbdev from
xfree86 source (according to the article above), so it must not be so
hard to package it.

daniel