Re: binutils 2.15 and sarge

Geetings, and thanks for your reply!  The reason I ask is I'd like to
get the latest gcl to propagate into testing as it fixes some bugs in
maxima,acl2, and axiom.  GCL should find at runtime a binutils-dev of
the same upstream version number as was present when it was compiled.
I've recently implemented this by grabbing the version number at build
time and inserting a dependency by hand.  GCL could in principle just
as well build and depend on the binutils version presently in testing,
but right now propagation is waiting on binutils as it was built
against the version in unstable.  What is the best way to handle this
in the eventuality that 2.15 does not make it into sarge?

Take care,