Re: Building additional kernel drivers with Debian kernel-source

On Tue, Aug 17, 2004 at 10:12:35PM +0200, Otto Wyss wrote:
> > > How can  I do this the simplest and fastest way? I don't need the correct
> > > solution as long as it works since I need this driver for testing. Any
> > > working hack is welcomed.
> >
> > Hm, in this case I would perhaps grab kernel-source-2.4.26 (*),
> > copy /boot/config-2.4.26-$WHATEVERARCHVERSION to .config in that directory
> > and make oldconfig. You might need to do a make dep, I don't know. Then you
> > can use kernel-source-2.4.26 to build against.
> >
> > This is untested and comes without warranty, good luck ;-)
> >
> Thanks a lot I'll try it.

The kernel-build-* packages are probably what you want. They're
specifically meant for building external modules for the stock debian
kernels. You'll also need to install the corresponding kernel-headers-*,
but you have that, I think. Be sure to read the README.Debian file.

HTH,

--
Matijs van Zuijlen