Re: Restarting Apache server after upgrading modules

On Tue, 17 Aug 2004, Piotr Roszatycki wrote:

> Should the package with Apache's module restart the server? It is the same
> question for other packages which messing with Apache configuration, i.e.
> phpmyadmin. In this package I check if the /etc/apache/config.d/phpmyadmin
> file was changed and if it did then postinst restarts the server. Is it
> correct?

Either you tell the user that have to restart the server in order to have
the new config file loaded or you ask for a restart. In any case the user
need to know that an action is required (automatically or not).

Fabio

PS the proper list for apache questions is debian-apache@lists.debian.org

--
<user> fajita: step one
<fajita> Whatever the problem, step one is always to look in the error log.