New package with old name

I'm considering packaging CIL (C Intermediate Language),

But when checking the obvious name for it (cil) it seems that is is
already present in Debian, for "Chess In Lisp",

However, this package seems not to be available neither in testing nor
in unstable, which maybe means it is deprecated?

So, my questions:

- Can I use the name "cil"? (I bet the answer is "no" ;-) )

- Which name should I use for a package that is expected to be named
"cil" but cannot be named like that?

Contribute to keep Europe free of software patents!
Jesus M. Gonzalez Barahona                | Grupo de Sistemas y Comunicaciones
jgb@gsyc.escet.urjc.es / jgb@computer.org | ESCET, Universidad Rey Juan Carlos
tel: +34 91 664 74 67                     | c/ Tulipan s/n
fax: +34 91 488 70 49                     | 28933 Mostoles, Spain