Re: Gcc-3.4 holds back packages from testing?

On 2004-08-11 Andreas Tille <tillea@rki.de> wrote:
[...]
>     * libungif4 is waiting for gcc-3.4
>           o gcc-3.4 has release-critical bugs
[...]

I'll just quote from http://people.debian.org/~aba/sarge.html#gcc-3.4

| Although gcc-3.4 is not the default compiler for sarge or even
| used by many packages (because the C++ ABI is incompatible) it is
| nevertheless a package that can block sarge. - Every other package
| has a "Depends: libgcc1" at least on ARM and since gcc-3.4 has been
| uploaded libgcc1 is built from the gcc-3.4 source package.

| gcc-3.4 (and a new version of gcc-3.3 on which it depends)
| have not made the base freeze, there were multiple problems
| including very limited time. gcc-3.3/gcc-3.4 will go in through
| testing-proposed-updates; gcc-3.3 1:3.3.4-6sarge1 and gcc-3.4
| 3.4.1ds1-4sarge1 have already been uploaded and are just waiting
| for the missing builds [...] build manually) and after that
| approval by the release-managers.

Afaict currently the only build that is still missing is gcc-3.3 on
ARM, but that is been taken care of by Kyle McMartin, therefore this
should be resolved *really* soon.
            cu andreas
fuhggvat qbja gur juveyvat tha.
Neal Stephenson in "Snow Crash"