Re: oh, this is intolerable

On 06-Aug-04, 09:23 (CDT), Goswin von Brederlow <brederlo@informatik.uni-tuebingen.de> wrote:
> Thomas Bushnell BSG <tb@becket.net> writes:
>
> > So not only does Wolfgang Sourdeau upload an NMU of my package in
> > violation of the rules, but mail to him (was@debian.org) fails with
> > the error that "please_write_to.wolfgang" is not a valid email
> > address.
> >
> > Would someone fix this problem?  Grrr.  It is not acceptible to
> > destabilize packages this way.
>
> What is destabilized? The changes files lists lots and lots of trivial
> data and typo changes. Hardly something I would call "destabilize".

Let's see: Thomas has a bunch of "trivial data and typo" bugs that have
languished for two years. Annoying, but hardly earth shaking.

OTOH, Wolfgang Sourdeau uploads an NMU without even the courtesy of a
e-mail to Thomas AND with an invalid e-mail address.

And you guys think that Thomas is in the wrong for objecting? Amazing.

If the fixes are too trivial to be worth a simple e-mail notification,
then they're too trivial to be worth an NMU.

Steve

--
Steve Greenland
    world.       -- seen on the net