libtiff transition: packages still not done
Please pardon the cross-post, but I think this should go to both
debian-devel and debian-release. As of about August 1, 23:50 UTC, 70
packages in sid still haven't been re-uploaded with the libtiff3g to
libtiff4 change. Some may still be waiting for library dependencies
-- I haven't made any attempt to weed these out.
This list was generated as follows:
* Run apt-get update
* Use grep-dctrl to get a list of packages that have libtiff3g or
libtiff3g-dev in their dependencies
* Use python code stolen from reportbug to check all these packages
to see whether a new version has been uploaded or has appeared in
the archive since my local mirror's last update; filter these out
The remaining packages are here. I am now going to begin filling
release-critical bugs on all these packages.
Although I included packages in "experimental" in my original mailing,
I am not doing so for the RC bugs. Packages in experimental aren't
candidates for sarge anyway, and this problem would have to be fixed
now before they could be uploaded into sid.
Please accept my apologies if I have generated an RC bug for a package
that shouldn't have one. Given the bad timing of this transition and
importance of getting it done quickly, I'm erring on the side of
generating too many rather than too few message/bug reports. (In
particular, if anyone did an upload during the 30-minute or so window
between when I generated my list and finished sending out RC bugs,
they'll have to close the bug manually.)
Please remember to use urgency=medium on uploads. The RC bug will
mention this as well.
I really appreciate everyone's patience and cooperation in dealing
with this, along with the many notes of thanks I've received for
working on this problem. Hopefully this will be behind us soon.
Jay Berkenbilt <email@example.com>