Re: Free non-software stuff and what does it mean. [was Re: General Resolution: Force AMD64 into Sarge]

On Sat, 24 Jul 2004 05:31:18 -0400 Glenn Maynard wrote:

> The question, for me, is whether starting to require this source is
> useful for Debian, balanced against the cost of throwing out stuff
> that clearly fails it, and the added maintenance costs (maintainers
> having to track down sources).

Why not?
Suppose I want to modify a DFSG-free 2D game and I don't like the look
of a PNG (or JPEG) sprite.
I must have the preferred form for modification in order to fully
exercise my freedom to adapt the game to my needs...

P.S.: I apologize for not setting the Mail-Followup-To header correctly.
I didn't manage to find out how to do it (even manually) with Sylpheed:
if someone knows, I'd welcome suggestions (in private). TIA.
I'm a debian-legal subscriber, so no need to Cc: me, as long as
debian-legal itself is among the recipients.

--
             |  GnuPG Key ID = DD6DFCF4 |  $ fortune
  Francesco  |        Key fingerprint = |  Q: What is purple
     Poli    | C979 F34B 27CE 5CD8 DC12 |     and commutes?