Re: 185 Packages that look orphaned

Jan Kesten <debian-lists@the-hidden-realm.de> writes:

> Goswin von Brederlow wrote:
>
> Hi Goswin!
>
> | Noone has cared enough about these packages to get them compiled,
> | fixed or pushed into sarge so I am assuming the packages don't have a
> | caring maintainer or fan community. Ergo they should be orphaned.
>
> | If you maintain one of thses packages then tell me (including the
> | names of packages you maintain) during the next week. If you are using
> | one of these packages and could maintain (or NMU some fixes) you
> | should contact the maintainer and me to work things out. If I hear
> | nothing about a package soon I will start with the oldest and do a few
> | packages every day.
>
> I use these (under debian and solaris) and if there is some need for
> some work (i.e. as maintainer) I would try to spend some work (in
> fact I get paid during my studying for getting at least 3270 an
> x3270 to work :-)
>
> | 3270
> | ntop
>
> So if there is anything I can do for help let me know!
>
> Cheers,
> Jan

I have 3270 marked as 'needs orphaning', someone (presumably the
maintainer) earlier replied to my mail saing so.

I suggest you contact the maintainer proposing comaintainership or
adopting the package and, in the unlikley case he fails to reply,
hijack the package.

ntop on the other hand seems to be resolved. No RC bugs open and the
sarge and sid versions are both 2:3.0-1 (dated 2004-05-19).

MfG
        Goswin