Re: amd64 and sarge

On Thu, 2004-07-29 at 15:19, Raul Miller wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 29, 2004 at 02:54:18PM -0400, Clint Adams wrote:
> > The current biarch on sparc and s390 is certainly half-assed.  Why would
> > amd64 be any different?
>
> Because it's designed to be different?

Yeah, different in that bi-arch has to change *everything* packaged, vs,
multi-arch only having to change the libraries (Maybe some more too but
I can't find the reference I recently read)

Maybe, the actual deb files. To convert something... Bah, I know for
sure about the Libraries.

That is/was the same way in sparc and probably in s390.
--
greg, greg@gregfolkert.net

The technology that is
Stronger, better, faster: Linux