Re: Keeping track of DSFG-free and non-free licenses

[MFT to d-legal, don't know what d-devel has to do with this]

On Sat, Jul 24, 2004 at 09:13:08PM +1000, Parsons, Drew wrote:
> I notice our free-software page, the one that points to the DSFG text
> (http://www.debian.org/intro/free), refers to a couple of sample free
> licenses (GPL, BSD et al).
>
> I think it would be a useful resource if this page would also refer to
> examples of licenses that Debian considers DSFG-nonfree (e.g. GFSDL, XFree86
> 1.1, etc), with a brief summary of why they do not meet our guidelines.

This already exists: http://www.debian.org/legal/licenses/
I didn't annouced or linked this very "visible" yet as there are ongoing
discussions on d-legal how to do this right. If you want, I can dig in
the list's archives for some pointers.

[...]

> DISCLAIMER: The information in this message is confidential and may be
> legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee.  Access to this
> message by anyone else is unauthorised.  If you are not the intended
> recipient, any disclosure, copying, or distribution of the message, or any
> action or omission taken by you in reliance on it, is prohibited and may be
> unlawful.  Please immediately contact the sender if you have received this
> message in error. Thank you.

Always entertaining to read this on a Debian mailing list *g*

Gruesse,
--
Frank Lichtenheld <djpig@debian.org>
www: http://www.djpig.de/