Re: Licensing issues...

On 22-Jul-04, 04:06 (CDT), Robert Ribnitz <ribnitz@linuxbourg.ch> wrote:
> Berkley DB (v. 2.6.4) comes with a sleepycat license (4-clause BSD
> style), the current sleepycat license is a 3-clause BSD-style license.

The Sleepycat license is most certainly not a BSD-style license, in
either 3- or 4- clause form. Go read the third clause again.

(I'm NOT claiming that the Sleepycat license is not DFSG, or in anyway
"bad", but to most people a "BSD-style license" implies the ability to
use the licensed code in a non-free app, which is not the case with the
Sleepycat license.)

Steve

--
Steve Greenland