* Steve Langasek

| Um, what?  I was asking about how amd64 is handling the locations of the
| runtime linkers (which is /lib/ld-linux.so et al.), which absolutely
| *does* have a fixed path because it's hard-coded into every executable.
| If the /lib <-> /lib64 causes a collision between /lib/ld-lsb.so and
| /lib64/ld-lsb.so, I don't see how you can claim that the amd64 port is
| "compatible [...] to i386 and amd64 LSB".

The linker has a different file name;

: tfheen@ravel(pure64) ~ $ ls /lib/ld-*
/lib/ld-2.3.2.so*  /lib/ld-linux-x86-64.so.2@

(/lib and /lib64 is the same directory)

iirc, the lsb loader name is /lib64/ld-lsb-linux-x86-64.so.1 ; which
(when the lsb package is updated) will be a symlink to the
ld-linux-x86-64.so.2 loader.

Multiarch is dependent on the loader's name being different, which it is
among the "normal" multiarch combinations (sparc64/sparc32, s390x/s390,
ppc64/ppc, amd64/i386), but will be solved through another way
(binfmt_misc) (I think).

                                                                      `. `'
                                                                        `-