On Tue, 2004-07-13 at 19:12 -0500, Chris Cheney wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 14, 2004 at 12:36:35AM +0100, Scott James Remnant wrote:
> > I really don't see this problem.  I have absolutely no problem
> > communicating with James, in fact I'm doing so right now.  Nothing to do
> > with this issue, just two developers communicating with each other.
> >
> > I strongly suspect there are many others in Debian who also have no
> > problems communicating with James.
> >
> > I expect it's because we say things like "James, have you got a minute?"
> > and "thanks for your help" instead of "[YOU] ARE [TOO] LAZY TO WORK AND
> > [TOO] LEET TO COMMUNICATE WITH SECOND-CLASS DDs. [I WANT YOU TO] BE
> > REMOVED FROM [YOUR] POSITIONS"
>
> Of the people that I have heard comment about James he seems to be
> quite easy to talk to if you have met him in person but otherwise is
> nearly impossible to even get him to respond at all. I am pretty sure
> you fall into the first category since you live near him...

I'm at least as guilty of that as he is; in fact, I'm pretty sure we're
all a lot more communicative with people we've actually *met*.
Otherwise you've no basis for a relationship or rapport.

I certainly find it a lot harder to mercilessly flame someone I've met,
unless they *really* deserve it of course, where it gets surprisingly
easier.

James is pretty easy to meet, he's been to the last two Debconfs at
least.  You have to be trying fairly hard to miss him too.

Scott
--
Have you ever, ever felt like this?