Re: [Fwd: [Discuss] Debconf as an administration tool]

On Mon, Jul 12, 2004 at 10:55:20AM +1000, Zenaan Harkness wrote:
> Comments appreciated.

I originally wrote configure-debian for this purpose. Unfortunately, lack of
time and interest from others has prevented it from becoming anything more than
a simple frontend to dpkg-reconfigure. In addition, the current codebase has
issues with the Gnome debconf frontend, so I'm planning a rewrite based on the
recent tasksel rewrite. The main issue is the vast amount of specific
configuration scripts that need to be written for each app, and that is
something I just don't have the time to achieve on my own. If anyone is
interested in working together to carry this out though, I'd be happy to help.

 - David Nusinow