Re: Freeswan in Debian, or: Why I am such a bad maintainer

Hey,

You know, life is funny sometimes. Last night during the wee hours of the
morning, I tried to get freeswan to compile on my grsec patched, but
otherwaise vanilla 2.4.26 kernel. You can only guess what success I had. Low
and behold I found that it wasnt even finishing the compile and that google
revealed a fork in the code called openswan. After hours of reuntaring my
kernel and patching and compiling, I finally decided to try openswan. And
the result? Worked without a damn hitch! Ive manually installed the ipsec
tools into my fs tree in a hurried rush to see if dmesg was telling the
trust, and sure enough, I had a ipsec enabled kernel. What does all this
mean? It means I think your right, throw freeswan in the garbage and switch
to openswan! Besides, its backed by novell and suse, and if its backed by
them it must be for good reasons. Anyways, just my $0.02, take care.

PS - What are the odds I would get a debian newsletter the next day telling
of a possible switch to openswan?! lol

troubled!troubled@troubled.sustaining.supporter.pdpc