Re: adduser in Pre-Depends

IGNORE this whole thing, it doesn't have to be Pre-Depend because its used in postinst.

Dan

Frank Lichtenheld wrote:
On Mon, Jul 05, 2004 at 09:05:42PM -0400, Dan Weber wrote:

I read that in the Debian Policy that I must consult debian-devel before using pre-dependencies. The package siproxd uses an adduser pre-dependency to create a user for its daemon and chroot actions. I have already read and understand the consequences of using pre-depend as shown in the previous case http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2003/10/msg01243.html

Sorry, but I don't understand from your post what actions of
your package require a pre-depends on adduser. Could you show
as a preinst you will use or explain in further detail what
you plan?

Gruesse,