Re: standard apt/yum meta-data format

On Fri, Jul 02, 2004 at 05:38:52PM -0700, Mike Fedyk wrote:
> Hopefully it's multiple files will allow apt-get update to download only
> the changes instead of the entire list over and over.

Note that "more files" usually mean "more load on the mirrors" -- you
definitely do not want too much splitting of such files either. (Yes, it
might sound harsh to the people on low-bandwidth lines, I know. :-) ) This is
also the primary reason why using rsync for apt is usually discouraged.

/* Steinar */
--
Homepage: http://www.sesse.net/