Re: a forth release?

Martin,

On Wed, Jun 30, 2004 at 01:33:18AM +0200, you wrote:
> I have been pondering about an idea I had which would possibly
> facilitate regular release cycles and also give more incentive to
> the maintainers to fix RC bugs in their packages.

I've been thinking for a while that a fully automatic release
mechanism might be interesting, for achieving timely releases.

Thrashing out what the criteria might be to drive it and how to
integrate it with the mirrors, thats another thing!

Perhaps by starting with only the packages in say Important or
Standard plus perhaps those necessary to self-host, the problem
of starting up would become more manageable?

I like the "candidate" idea, but does such a beast have to
exist on the stable-testing-unstable continuum at all?

Regards,

Paddy