Re: fingerprint of the archive signing key

On Tue, Jun 29, 2004 at 12:57:22PM +0100, Andrew Suffield wrote:
> That's a completely arse-backwards approach to security. All that
> accomplishes is to make sure that the people who break your system
> know what they're doing. That just makes things worse. You're
> confusing security and cryptography.

Speaking pragmatically, there is no absolute security, and as Martin
mentioned, it's about making things more difficult.

Given enough time and and energy, any security measure will be subverted, and
yes, probably by someone that knows what they're doing.

If you know something I dont, please explain.

Cheers,

--
[   Todd J. Troxell                                         ,''`.
      Student, Debian GNU/Linux Developer, SysAdmin, Geek  : :' :