Re: Freeswan in Debian, or: Why I am such a bad maintainer
- To: Rene Mayrhofer <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Cc: Bastian Blank <email@example.com>, Dominique Kaiser <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Giacomo Mulas <email@example.com>, Steven Augart <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Lupe Christoph <email@example.com>, Anthony DeRobertis <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Andrew Pimlott <email@example.com>, Wichert Akkerman <firstname.lastname@example.org>, email@example.com, Alexander Hvostov <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Daniel Pocock <email@example.com>, Russell Stuart <firstname.lastname@example.org>, email@example.com, Christoph Martin <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Alexei Ustyuzhaninov <alust@UralskyGSM.com>, Marc Haber <email@example.com>, Jason Spence <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Luca Fornasari <email@example.com>, Torsten Knodt <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Christian Perrier <email@example.com>, Luk Claes <firstname.lastname@example.org>, email@example.com, Nate Carlson <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Re: Freeswan in Debian, or: Why I am such a bad maintainer
- From: Mike Fedyk <email@example.com>
- Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2004 11:49:15 -0700
- Message-id: <[🔎] 40E0682B.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- In-reply-to: <[🔎] 40E00DDA.email@example.com>
- References: <[🔎] 40E00DDA.firstname.lastname@example.org>
Rene Mayrhofer wrote:
So I would like to hear from current freeswan users if they could switch
to openswan right now and if not, what is missing. freeswan is dead, we
need to face it. Supporting it in Debian would mean to maintain a
private source tree (to fix security issue etc.) and there are already
two different followup projects.
Yes, drop freeswan.
I've been thinking of checking out ssl over udp (openvpn) because of the
problems I've been having with freeswan.
I'll give openswan a try to see how it's working for me.
Maybe it's my own fault for sticking with PSKs... :-/
It was sad that I couldn't even fix a shell script with any hope of the
changes being accepted upstream just because I live in the US. :(