Re: Analysis of the ballot options

On Tue, Jun 22, 2004 at 11:58:31AM +0200, Florian Weimer wrote:
> * Andrew Suffield:
>
> >> The discussion about fonts, closed and semi-closed data formats, and
> >> data formats which are inherently lossy and for which we lack the
> >> lossless source files has not really started yet.  It will take months
> >> until Debian agrees on policies for these cases, and further classes
> >> of non-programs which aren't on the radar at this point probably
> >> exist, too.
> >
> > Nonsense. There is generally nothing to discuss, and where there is,
> > it was settled a long time ago.
>
> Where's the settlement with respect to fonts?

Wrong question. Take a specific package and ask -legal for an
analysis. "fonts" is far too vague. I have not yet seen a sourceless
font in Debian, although I haven't really been looking. It is possible
for such things to exist. It is unlikely that you use any, unless you
use the MS truetype fonts.

> And what about
> technical vector drawings that have been converted to bitmaps by
> upstream?

Again too vague.

 : :' :  http://www.debian.org/ |