Re: Firefox, the Release and what should a debian developer do?

Wouter Verhelst writes:

> Andrew Pollock wrote:

> > So go forth and package it, throw it in unstable,
> s/unstable/experimental

I agree with Andrew.  The package should go into sid immediately.  At
normal urgency, there's plenty of time to file a release critical bug
if need be.
> That's what it's for; and that's how the GNOME team recently tested
> GNOME 2.6 before they uploaded it to unstable.

That's a different scale, isn't it?  Gnome consists of a few dozen
packages, many of which are libraries that other packages depend on.
Flaky Gnome packages could easily fry half the installation, I don't
see that danger with firefox.

> If you want to try this, coordinate with the release team (at
> -release@l.d.o), and only upload to unstable when you think it's ready.

We will eventually release sarge, not sid.

Regards, Jens.

J'qbpbe, le m'en fquz pe j'qbpbe!