Re: Specifying alternative sets of dependencies

On Wed, Jun 02, 2004 at 02:10:22PM +0200, Martin Pitt <martin@piware.de> was heard to say:
> Hi folks!
>
> I'm currently developing a web application written in python and want
> to package it (not yet for official upload, but packages are needed).
>
> The application itself works both with apache and apache2, but there
> are different mod_python packages for each web server (of course). So
> currently the dependencies are:
>
> unconditional dependencies: python-pygresql
>
> dependencies when using Apache 1:
> libapache-mod-python,  apache | apache-ssl | apache-perl
>
> dependencies when using Apache2:
> libapache2-mod-python,  apache2-mpm-prefork | apache2
>
> Is it possible somehow to specify alternative sets of dependencies?
> Such as
>
>   Depends: (a1, a2) | (b1, b2)

  It's ugly, but you can do:

Depends: a1 | b1, a1 | b2, a2 | b1, a2 | b2

  I'm not sure this is desirable, though -- users not familiar with
Boolean algebra might have trouble figuring out what the dependency
means :)

  Daniel

|      You are standing west of a white house.  There is a mailbox here.      |
\---- Be like the kid in the movie!  Play chess! -- http://www.uschess.org ---/