Re: your mail

On Tue, 2004-06-01 at 12:43, Marek Habersack wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 01, 2004 at 12:32:10PM -0300, Humberto Massa scribbled:
> > 1. IANADD (wannabe yet) but what makes me be a Debian user since slink
> >   is the Debian SC punchline: Free Software. Free as in RMS-free, as in
> >   DFSG-free, as in speech. I don't want, don't need no stinking
> >   AutoCAD.
> You've got the right to. I've got the right not to support RMS's views.
> We're not a monastery, we're not monks who swear to obey the same rules and
> have the same views on the religious matters.

See, though, that's the thing. None of us sweared to agree with RMSs
views. However, we *did* promise to follow the Social Contract and DFSG,
*at the very least* in regards to our work on Debian. And now you're
saying that doing so is "nit-picking".

I have no problems putting the tg3 driver in non-free *once we can
legally distribute it at all*. The same goes for AutoCAD, or
who-knows-what that you want to distribute. Fine, whatever. But don't
complain when non-free finally gets out of main, where it has no
business being.
--
Joe Wreschnig <piman@debian.org>