Re: How to parse sections in INI-file? (existing tool?)

>>@Adrian: sorry, could you please state a
>>more appropriate list?
>>

> The comp.unix.programmer newsgroup comes to mind. Or
> comp.os.linux.development.apps. Ok, newsgroups and mailing lists are
> not the same, but I just feel the volume here is too high, so
> non-Debian specific things do not belong here, really.

If you want a real mailing list try the "Linux C Programming" list hosted by linux.org it has a homepage here:

http://www.linux.org/docs/lists.html

On a side note; I've just GPLed a .ini file library, its pure ANSI-C so it should compile on just about any platform. Its very robust in the sense that it allows very strange .ini files with keys written using extra spaces/TABs and weird capitalization.

http://mnemo.nu/cs/software/mini_lib/

mvh.
/m

Rudi Effe wrote:
Hi there,

I plan to interpret / convert an ini-file like this:

[SECTION 1]
property 1 = value 1
property 2 = value 2
property 3 = value 3

[SECTION 2]
property 1 = value 4

As can be seen, the names of the sections, properties, values may contain spaces. Seperators are new line, [ ] for section heads, '=' for property/value. As this format is not only default for ini-files in windows, but also for many *rc config files, there should be ready made routines in c or c++ or even qt to handle such files.

Any hints welcome
regards

Rudi.

P.S.: Being used to C and Java, what would be the best option for developing X apps? c++/qt? v c++ gui? gtk? java? ... ? thanks!