Re: Debian / SE-Linux - status report 29may2004

On Sun, 30 May 2004 08:33, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton <lkcl@lkcl.net> wrote:
> pam:
>
> 	http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=249499
>
> 	status: amazingly, only 19 days old.  unless there's an
> 	        earlier one and it's already been integrated
> 			upstream.  changes are only to pam_unix, apparently.
> 	        information sought from upstream and from the
> 			maintainer.

We probably won't make much progress on this unless we get some more upstream
development of PAM.  Either the current PAM maintainers need to become active
or we need to fork PAM.

Lots of people have said that they want to get involved in a PAM fork if
someone else leads it.  So all we need is someone to take the lead in forking
PAM.

> openssh:

We don't need that at the moment.  The modified PAM package does it all.