Re: libfreetype6 and FT_Seek_Stream / FT_Stream_Seek

With some investigation, here's what I found. On 2002-02-24 the API
underwent a major renaming scheme.

2002-02-24  David Turner  <david@freetype.org>

    * Renaming stream functions to the FT_<Subject>_<Action> scheme:

Neither the solib version nor the package API version were
incremented. However, this is only a renaming change, so backwards
compatibility could be added back into the library. In fact, there's
a source file in freetype, ftapi.c (Compatibility API), for this
explicit purpose. It's not compiled by default, or by Debian though.
I'm filing a bug against freetype with a patch to add the
compatibility layer. If this can make it into Sarge, then Woody
binaries will be compatible with Sarge's libfreetype.

Cheers,
Shaun