Re: Leaving files in /tmp

On Thu, May 27, 2004 at 12:58:47PM +0200, Frank K?ster wrote:
> Should there be some cron job that does the cleaning if the machine
> isn't rebooted? Note that it could be hard to figure out which files are
> actually useless.
> Or should there be some policy that all programs should remove files in
> /tmp as soon it doesn't need them any more, and remove old ones if it
> quit unexpectedly?

I use tmpreaper to stop junk piling up in /tmp and /var/tmp. I am also
using tmpfs for /tmp so keeping it tidy is important.
I think how to handle the contents of tmp directories is very much a
policy decision for the local admin.

Colin
--
Colin Whittaker    colin.whittaker@heanet.ie    Mob: +353 86 8211965