Re: How severe are FTBFS bugs caused by the source using uname?

On Wed, May 19, 2004 at 12:02:10AM +0200, Goswin von Brederlow wrote:
> Hi,
>
> how severe are FTBFS bugs caused by the source using uname to
> determine the host/build architecture instead of using
> dpkg-architecture?
>
> The problem is that on multiarch architectures, most notably amd64
> cpus, the uname will not resemble the host/build architecture:
> (from a normal Debian Sid i386 system running a 64bit kernel)

Does config.guess do the right thing in this instance?  I don't use
uname -a directly in my packages, but I do use config.guess (like many
projects that use autoconf).  I don't have an x86_64 machine to check
and make sure autoconf does something sane on those architectures; I
presume that it does, hopefully?

						- Ted