Re: About eeyes package

Andrew Pollock wrote:
On Thu, May 20, 2004 at 12:05:36AM +0100, "Noel D. Torres Ta?o" wrote:

(Please CC me in the answer, I'm not in the list)

Hello

I used stable until a few days ago, using eeyes as an easy way of viewing images. Then I upgraded to unstable and the eeyes package disappeared.

Please, could you explain me why eeyes is not in unstable?
and
Please, could you suggest me another program to do the same?

Hi,

Take a look at http://ftp-master.debian.org/removals.txt for a terse
explanation, http://bugs.debian.org/170434 for a slightly longer
explanation, or search the debian-qa mailing list archives for any related
discussion that occurred.

As for alternatives, try eog.

regards

Andrew

Thanks, I'll try eog.

BTW, if I can make eeyes work in sid, could it be placed again in debian?

Noel Torres