Re: New architectures/mirror architecture (Re: ppc64 port)

> * Matt Zimmerman (mdz@debian.org) wrote:
>> On Mon, May 03, 2004 at 01:01:34AM -0500, Chris Cheney wrote:
>> > Last I had heard multiarch wasn't a factor in the amd64 port getting
>> > into sid, it was the fact that someone needs to rewrite the mirroring
>> > scripts so that current mirrors don't need to mirror all archs.
>>
>> Indeed.  In fact, those who purport that multiarch is needed for amd64 only
>> distract from the real issues.
>>
>> Speaking of which, is there any update on the mirror situation?  Is anyone
>> working on it, or is it waiting for someone to take up the task?  Is it only
>> some software that needs to be written/changed, or is there more to it?
>
> These questions have actually been asked previously and I've yet to see
> them answered.  If you get answers please make sure they're posted to
> the debian-amd64 list as well as any other appropriate ones.
>
> 	Stephen

The problem is that nobody says what needs to be done. Debian has
several partial mirror scripts that work fine for many people. So it
can't be just that.

I heard that ftp-admin complained about alioth usage by debian-amd64.
But what do they expect if we have to alpha test apt-archive managing
software and rebuild the archive from scratch a few times (which means
nearly all of sid gets moved around).

MfG
        Goswin