Re: testing config/preinst mods: one approach

Jay Berkenbilt <ejb@ql.org> schrieb:

> The control file not being found is being issued after
> apt-extracttemplates is long over since the USING message you see
> there is issued by dpkg-deb --control.  It looks like your
> /root/control-overrides/tetex-bin_2.0.2-14.31_i386.deb/ directory
> didn't contain a control file.  Did you populate it with all the files
> from dpkg-deb --control?

Oh, sorry. I only extracted the files I wanted to change (in fact I
copied them from the debian/tetex-bin/DEBIAN directory where I had built
the buggy version). I didn't know that it needs either no or all files.

> Thanks for giving it a try.  I'd be interested to know what the
> problem was when you track it down.

No real problem. Err, yes - the problem I _really_ wanted to track down,
using your approach, turned out to be dpkg bug... (perhaps #213357,
perhaps a new one)

Regards, Frank
Abt. Biophysikalische Chemie