Re: Spam in the lists out of control

On Tue, May 11, 2004 at 09:31:13AM +0200, Eike zyro Sauer scribbled:
> Marek Habersack schrieb:
> > I didn't mean only the GPG verification. With some code you could check
> > where the key is coming from, is it signed, by how many people etc. and
> > assign a score to the result based on the checks. There would probably be
> > quite a few checks possible using that information.
>
> Is this really less expensive than Bayesian filtering?
Oh, I didn't say that in the context of Bayesian vs. GPG-checking. It was
only a thought related to what the original poster wrote. I don't think it
would be less expensive than Bayesian, though. And Bayesian is not that
expensive if implemented properly, it seems (judging by the time required by
SpamAssassin to perform it vs time required by DSPAM, as reported on their
page)

regards,

marek