Re: Mass bug filing: Cryptographic protection against modification

    Goswin> You misunderstood me. Its all bits and bytes. Programms and data
    Goswin> and licenses and RFCs. But data is not equal data. Some data is
    Goswin> different, i.e. licenses. Otherwise there is no Debian.

Just to clarify, I think your point is that "license needs to be treated
differently because we need that to be fixed to keep things intact".  My
point is that there are two senses of treating licenses differently: whether
one allow removing the license from the software and stick a new one onto
it, and whether one allow copying the license from the software, changing it
a bit and stick it to another software.  I agree that the first use should
be controlled, as it does "keep things intact" as you say.  And I suggest
that it is the view shared by basically all software developers.  But I
disagree that one should disallow the second, as is done by GPL.

Regards,
Isaac.