Re: When will amd64 be allowed in sid?

Hi,

Chad Walstrom writes:

> Where can someone, who wants to start running a Debian AMD64 pure,
> find this information?

I put myself through the ordeal of getting pure 64-bit running on an
Opteron system this morning.  I followed the documentation on alioth,
and kind people on #debian-amd64 filled in the gaps.

> Most of the documentation on the amd64 port details bi-arch setups.

Thing is, you need a bi-arch toolchain to build your first 64-bit kernel.

Regards, Jens.

--
J'qbpbe, le m'en fquz pe j'qbpbe!