Re: Mass bug filing: Cryptographic protection against modification

Matthew Garrett <mgarrett@chiark.greenend.org.uk> writes:

> Goswin von Brederlow wrote:
>
>>Thats clearly not DFSG free.
>>
>>And no, those files are not the license of the source they acomplish
>>but stand on their own.
>
> The alternative to distributing a copy of the GPL in base-files would be
> to distribute a copy of it in every package that contains code under the
> GPL. Since we could trivially satisfy your complaint by including a tiny
> quantity of GPLed code in base-files, pragmatism suggests that it's a
> stupid suggestion.
>
> --
> Matthew Garrett | mjg59-chiark.mail.debian.devel@srcf.ucam.org

Dual licensed under the other licenses too please.

Some of the data files in base-files are already under GPL (see
/usr/share/doc/base-files/copyright) so it would be just the Artistic,
BSD and LGPL licenses.

But thats rather beside the point. The point is that not 100% of
Debian is free and never will be. Some things have to be
excluded. Till the SC change non programms were excluded. Now nothing
seems to be.

MfG
        Goswin